Solved! Toshiba sat L305-S5865

Aug 26, 2019
Ok i bought a used laptop with out charger. So after i bought it i went to walmart and got a unerversal charger for it. But im not sure if i got the right watts. The one i bought os by onn. Model no. ONA18HO027.
INPUT : 100-240V... 1.6 A MAX
OUTPUT: 19.5V.
BUT ITS A 45W UNERVERSAL CHARGER. DOES THE LAPTOP REQUIRE MORE WATTS THEN THAT?
now if i plug laptop in , it will be ok for 15 mins then the screen starts showing funny crap on it and laprop will have to be restarted thats if the laptop comes on completely, sometimes when its plugged in the laptop wants to start to come on then it turns its self off. Then i have to wait to plug it bacl in onces windows started.if i leave comeputer off it charges the battery. But its just difficult to use while its plugged in

That isn't the right charger. You can find the specs here... https://support.dynabook.com/support/modelHome?freeText=1998608

Just select your OS and it will give you either a page or a PDF that shows all the specs for the device, including the chargers information.

I also suggest not getting an aftermarket one like you did as it can be a problem. If you can, you are better off getting an OEM one.

Solution