Solved! Toshiba Satellite 2595CDS power issue

Mar 7, 2022
I have a Toshiba Satellite 2595CDS that will not power on. I can't find a service manual. when the battery is in the first LED blinks 5 times, then pauses, then blinks 3 times. If the battery is out there is no led. I got it to blink twice once by holding the power button whilst plugging it in. The power adapter used is brand new from amazon that says it works with my model.

Solution
Just a guess, but it could be the power system detects the too high voltage and shuts down leaving nothing to power the circuitry that blinks the lights. When the battery is present, that powers things.

Suggest you buy an OEM adapter from Toshiba. The suppliers selling through Amazon want to move product and are not always right about compatibility issues.
Mar 7, 2022
According to that post the blink code which is 4 short, 1 long, 3 short, the power adapter is providing too much voltage, I’m gonna refund it and purchase a new one. Any idea as to why it only blinks with the battery in?

Just a guess, but it could be the power system detects the too high voltage and shuts down leaving nothing to power the circuitry that blinks the lights. When the battery is present, that powers things.

Suggest you buy an OEM adapter from Toshiba. The suppliers selling through Amazon want to move product and are not always right about compatibility issues.

Solution