Toshiba Satellite A665D-S6051 Ram Stick Replacement Problems

Jake Adams

Estimable
Jan 19, 2015
[strike] I recently purchased 8 GB of ram sticks (2 x 4 ram) and attempted to do the switch myself. I didn't notice anything break when I put them in, yet it won't boot up. It turns on, but the screen stays blank, then it restarts. What do I do?
[/strike]
I purchased a pair of 4GB ram cards from Crucial, but they don't work together in my computer. If one is not familiar with Crucial, they have a program you can download that scans your computer specs and tells you about possible upgrades to hardware.

http://www.crucial.com/ProductDisplay?displayCompatibleLogo=1&urlRequestType=Base&catalogId=10151&productId=11829&externalPartNumber=CT5308410&urlLangId=-1&scanId=C458F1E231D926C3&langId=-1&storeId=10151

Each card will work with one of my old ones, but when I put the new ones in together, it won't get past the black screen before it restarts. The...boot menu(?) is accessible and the computer reads that there is 8gb of ram.
Once I figure out how to upload a picture without posting it elsewhere first, I'll post a picture of the system info.

AznGOD

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
One cannot simply "add more ram." For full compatibility, the ram has to be completely identical. Ram timings, manufacturer, mhz , voltage can all cause severe compatibility issues.

Jake Adams

Estimable
Jan 19, 2015

I have verified that the ram sticks are compatible. (I did do some research before buying my stuff) Both work and contribute to the ram (though one more than the other) if they are in with one of the old sticks. But they don't work together.