Toshiba Satellite C50-B-14D Not powering up!!

frustratedscrotum112

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016
Hello,

I'm not quite sure where I ran into this problem with this laptop. But it doesn't power on.

I have tried the known solution of taking out the battery and the AC and powering on for 30 seconds but this makes no sense. My laptop displays a orange light when the battery and power is plugged in, when turning on the power the laptop prepares for a startup but only the white light comes on (on the power button). This happens for about 10 seconds (No indication of fans starting up).

If I try the solution to power the laptop for 30 seconds with the power adapter in, the laptop will not do anything.

I feel like there is a solution out there, but it just isn't the one i've been finding.

Any similar experience with the SATELLITE C50-B-14D?

Solution
Did you clean the mainboard using blower, the other you need to check is the power button on it located in the panel near the display monitor. Use a voltmeter to check the resistance of that button if it is ok.

combinebasic

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015
Hi I think there is problem of the display of your laptop that will cause to halt during the post. So to confirm this problem I need to test by removing the RAM in the memory slot. Then clean that RAM using a pencil eraser then install it again in the slot properly. The RAM compartment at the back of your LAptop. There are videos in YouTube that you can make it a guide. Now after you power-up if it will not solve, try to remove the battery, then use the Power Adapter only and press the power button. Kindly observe the light indicator if you use power adapter and battery is also the same if the battery is remove during power up. Then go back here for next instruction

frustratedscrotum112

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016

Hello, thanks for the reply.

I will try this right now. I managed to take apart the laptop and noticed there were loads of screws missing. I screwed in screws to hold the fan inplace as it was very loose, and also the charger slot i fixed as it was bent. I tried disconnecting the wires from the fan and reconnect but nothing worked.

WgfxVr2.jpg

iAZQ16S.jpg

Now I will try your method and report back

combinebasic

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015
Did you clean the mainboard using blower, the other you need to check is the power button on it located in the panel near the display monitor. Use a voltmeter to check the resistance of that button if it is ok.

Solution