Toshiba Satellite C50D-A-10k Black Screen

MarkBFD

Estimable
Jul 17, 2014
Hey. I've been having this problem whenever i try to start up my Toshiba Satellite C50D-A-10k Laptop it just shows a blackscreen the lighting works the ac adapter power on light are working. Also the fan works only i noticed the keyboard does not work. Caps lock light also does not work this problem started yesterday i'm still running on windows 8 and my pc warned me with a message: 'In 15 mins your computer will restart automaticly for update' So i did do the update but my computer completed it but it took too long and when it said please wait i was running an hour allready so i turned off the laptop with the update still running that is why i have this problem i think but i don't know what too do i tried the take out battery and hold button 30 seconds does not work also tried a external monitor with VGA and didn't work because the keyboard caps lock and num lock don't turn on so therefore the keyboard does not respond and can't press the FN key and F5 to switch to monitor. Please need help thanks.

Solution
Hi,

Try to do another hard reset by removing both battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. If that doesn't work reseat the RAM as well and make sure all of them are seated properly. Next to connect again the external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it because if not the motherboard is at fault and a repair or replacement is needed.
Hi,

Try to do another hard reset by removing both battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. If that doesn't work reseat the RAM as well and make sure all of them are seated properly. Next to connect again the external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it because if not the motherboard is at fault and a repair or replacement is needed.

Solution