Toshiba Satellite Driver update

ging1841

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017
when I log on, I get a notification I have a driver update for Toshiba Satelitte L755-S517/Windows 10. When I click on the notification, no update occurs. Toshiba does not have driver update info for this model with Windows 10. How can I find the update?

Solution
I see no reason you would 'need' to install that unless you want to do it.

However, I would be very careful of that message you are getting. If your drivers are up to date, per the manufacturer's site, then something isn't right. While Windows Defender is for virus checking, it isn't really a deep scan program. You might want to consider something more serious. Which would still be free. Avast, AVG, etc. I would also suggest something like Spybot or other similar program.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from ging1841 : "Toshiba Satellite Driver update"

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from ging1841 : "Toshiba Driver update"

ging1841

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017

ging1841

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017
Thank you! I did have a few suspicions of my own. I use 'Driver Support' app, and I am not convinced. I do scan for viruses, malware etc with Ccleaner (Piriform), Microsoft Malwarebytes and the Windows Defender, so I don't think I have any 'cooties'. Do I need to uninstall the Driver Support app?

I see no reason you would 'need' to install that unless you want to do it.

However, I would be very careful of that message you are getting. If your drivers are up to date, per the manufacturer's site, then something isn't right. While Windows Defender is for virus checking, it isn't really a deep scan program. You might want to consider something more serious. Which would still be free. Avast, AVG, etc. I would also suggest something like Spybot or other similar program.

Solution

ging1841

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017

ging1841

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017
Thank you. I do run Malwarebytes, and CCleaner on a regular basis, along with Windows defender. I think it is the Driver Support app and I will remove it. Appreciate the help!