Solved! Toshiba Satellite new battery problem

lyckos

Estimable
Apr 25, 2018
I have a Toshiba Satellite l50-b-1K0 laptop.
I bought a new compatible battery (I couldn't find original toshiba battery) and installed it. I let it charge with laptop turned off. When I turned my lapptop on there was indication that my battery was charging and eventually it reached 100%. I tried then to work without power cable but when I took it off the laptop shut down and it wouldn't turn on without reconnecting ac adapter. Also after I reconnected ac adapter I had to set time and date again through BIOS, something that wasn't necessary if I used again the old battery. Αnother thing is that my model doesn't have a CMOS battery

Solution
Not using an OEM battery is a risk. A so-called compatible battery is not guaranteed to work. You implied the old battery still worked (likely with a short life) which would indicate the power circuitry in the laptop is working OK. The battery may charge OK but I suspect it can't supply the current needed for operation. Continue to look for an OEM battery. Perhaps you can return this one and try a different "compatible" battery. Not much else you can do.
Not using an OEM battery is a risk. A so-called compatible battery is not guaranteed to work. You implied the old battery still worked (likely with a short life) which would indicate the power circuitry in the laptop is working OK. The battery may charge OK but I suspect it can't supply the current needed for operation. Continue to look for an OEM battery. Perhaps you can return this one and try a different "compatible" battery. Not much else you can do.

Solution