Sep 15, 2021
hy all, i have this laptop to upgrade it to a ssd
after installing a 400gb ssd the bios dosen't recognize the boot of the windows
strangly if i use a 120gb ssd it work's
on his ''original'' hdd have 320gb and it boots
i try to clone the 120 but still same issue
i try to boot the 400 ssd in other pc and it boots
i did update the bios, still same issue
any one have some issues like this? can you share the solutions?
fell free to ask :D

Solution
According to your post, it comes with a 320GB HDD. If it supports 320GB, I don't see why it wouldn't support 480GB. What model is the SSD?

So you're saying that when the 480GB SSD is installed on this specific Toshiba laptop, the BIOS does not detect it at all? You can't enable it anywhere, or make it the first boot priority? And yet other drives work in this laptop, and this SSD works in other PCs? If so, to be honest, I have no idea.

You said it did make it to installation. Windows apparently saw the SSD when you started the installation process, and only didn't see it once the PC rebooted, if I understood you correctly. Which means that the BIOS must have seen it, as well. The only possible thing that could cause this, as...
Sep 15, 2021
In the bios yes, on the boot screen Olso apears but dont get the windows boot manager, the same ssd input it on other pc and it’s boots normaly, no issue

Sep 15, 2021
Did you install Windows on this SSD with the other PC or this problematic one?
Do either of your PCs have a secondary hard drive installed?
Olso try it in other pc and works, i mean i can install and boot the ssd, but in this laptop, i dont know what to think, from factory haves a 320gb hdd, and boots

mrmike16

Honorable
Olso try it in other pc and works, i mean i can install and boot the ssd, but in this laptop, i dont know what to think, from factory haves a 320gb hdd, and boots
I don't think you understood the question. I'll explain what I'm thinking is the issue:

I think you installed Windows on the other PC, which may or may not have a secondary hard drive installed. If it does, that would explain why it won't boot in another computer.

Please try this: Put the SSD in the Toshiba Tecra laptop, and install Windows on there. What happens when you try this? It installs and then won't boot to Windows? Do you get an error message? What version of Windows are you trying to install?

Sep 15, 2021
I don't think you understood the question. I'll explain what I'm thinking is the issue:

I think you installed Windows on the other PC, which may or may not have a secondary hard drive installed. If it does, that would explain why it won't boot in another computer.

Please try this: Put the SSD in the Toshiba Tecra laptop, and install Windows on there. What happens when you try this? It installs and then won't boot to Windows? Do you get an error message? What version of Windows are you trying to install?
This is a clean install, w10pro, the ssd was fresh from the box, after instalation(all normal) the error is insert a a disk, like it didn’t install the boot part of the windows, but if i take this ssd in to other pc it boots without issues and continues the windows instalation. If i use a 120gb ssd it works, bigger dont, i eaven try to make a partition of 120gb in the 400gb ssd but still dont work

mrmike16

Honorable
This is a clean install, w10pro, the ssd was fresh from the box, after instalation(all normal) the error is insert a a disk, like it didn’t install the boot part of the windows, but if i take this ssd in to other pc it boots without issues and continues the windows instalation. If i use a 120gb ssd it works, bigger dont, i eaven try to make a partition of 120gb in the 400gb ssd but still dont work

Have you checked the boot order in the BIOS to make sure that the SSD is the first in the list?

I haven't heard of a 400GB SSD before. Is it under warranty?

Sep 15, 2021
Have you checked the boot order in the BIOS to make sure that the SSD is the first in the list?

I haven't heard of a 400GB SSD before. Is it under warranty?
Sorry 480, the only thing that apear is hdd, in the 120gb, windows boot manager, i got a little it store, this is a laptop from a client and for now is my bigest enigma ever, I don’t think there is a capacity limit, no?

mrmike16

Honorable
According to your post, it comes with a 320GB HDD. If it supports 320GB, I don't see why it wouldn't support 480GB. What model is the SSD?

So you're saying that when the 480GB SSD is installed on this specific Toshiba laptop, the BIOS does not detect it at all? You can't enable it anywhere, or make it the first boot priority? And yet other drives work in this laptop, and this SSD works in other PCs? If so, to be honest, I have no idea.

You said it did make it to installation. Windows apparently saw the SSD when you started the installation process, and only didn't see it once the PC rebooted, if I understood you correctly. Which means that the BIOS must have seen it, as well. The only possible thing that could cause this, as far as I can tell, is that the SSD is not the first in your boot priority list and the PC is trying to boot to some other media. In addition to checking the boot priority list, check that this drive has no other partitions when installing Windows.

Solution