Toshiba Wirelss Problem

mtaylor72

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013
I purchased a highly customized version of the Toshiba P70 laptop in Oct 2013. One of the options I included was the Intel Dual Band AC-7260 wi-fi card. During the two months I have had the computer, I have experienced constant wi fi drops. It happens at home, at work, at restaurants and just about everywhere I have used it. In trouble shooting the problem, I went to the Intel web site and discovered that the Intel Dual Band AC-7260 wi-fi adapter is not compatible with Windows 8. This quote is from the Intel web site:The data reordering issue causes intermittent WiFi connection loss and application hangs on Windows 8* platforms. I called Intel and they indicated that they have a partial fix, but it only works about half of the time. Intel strongly recommend that I replace the wi fi card...but Toshiba is refusing to help. They will only replace the card with another identical card, which will still be incompatible. I have already wasted 5 hours on the phone trying to resolve this issue with no luck. So, Toshiba sold me a computer with a wireless card that is incompatible with the operating system....and they will not give me my money back or fix the problem. The computer is useless as a business tool. Does anyone have any other ideas? I paid $2000 for this useless computer....

PallindroneT3604

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012
Have you tried uninstalling the driver & software and then try to install the driver and software in Compatibility Mode? I have had some success w/ USB wireless adapters made to work in Win8.1 by installing them in compatibility mode (in my case, they only had XP/Vista drivers!) Either way, be sure to have the install program on file or disc before hand. That's my 2 cents.....right click on the .exe to launch the installer on the file and select Compatibility.....at least try it before you buy anything, if you're going to! Good luck!