Solved! Toshiba Z30 Laptop Plugged In but Not Charging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2019
My laptop is plugged in but not charging. This has happened before and I just changed the charger, it has returned again and I don't know what to do.

Solution
It could be the charger, the battery, or the charging circuit.

First try charging it while the laptop is off. Not sleep or hibernate but off. If it will charge then, but not when the laptop is turned on, then it is the charger and you need to replace it.

However, if it won't charge even when turned off, then the next thing is to try another battery. They go bad. Just make sure you don't use an aftermarket battery as those are not worth the problems they can cause.

If, in the end, even that doesn't do it, then you may have to have the laptop looked at by a tech.

First try charging it while the laptop is off. Not sleep or hibernate but off. If it will charge then, but not when the laptop is turned on, then it is the charger and you need to replace it.

However, if it won't charge even when turned off, then the next thing is to try another battery. They go bad. Just make sure you don't use an aftermarket battery as those are not worth the problems they can cause.

If, in the end, even that doesn't do it, then you may have to have the laptop looked at by a tech.

Reactions: alexdharriss
Solution
Jun 13, 2019

Thanks for the advice, I tried turning it off and charging it but that didn't work at all so I am assuming it is the battery that needs replacing. That is what I will try next. :)

Reactions: LandonXD
Status
Not open for further replies.