Total internal storage decreased

TeChMaN_555

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
I had a total storage of 8 gb on my HTC desire 326 g but after factory rest the total storage cha fed to 1.6 gb and shows on internal storage section 1.6/8 gb pls help

Solution
Showing you 8GB was incorrect. Which means before the reset it was giving you false info. It hasn't been that since before they installed anything on the device.

Try going into your "Settings" and then tap "Storage". I should show you exactly what amount of space is used for what type of things. Note: Often that list doesn't show the OS usage, or the preinstalled apps. But if you add all of what it shows you up, you can get an idea of just how much that uses.
Well a "Factory Reset" doesn't actually totally clear off a device and start fresh. It will leave behind some things, so between that and things that may have been on it that shouldn't be, it makes sense. Also, 8GB total storage isn't just used up by your stuff, but it includes the space for the OS and all the apps and things the phone comes with. So you never actually have access to the total. And a "Hard Reset" would completely wipe the phone. Of all data and then reinstall only the original OS and Apps.

If, however, you were doing the "Factory Reset" to try and free up space, it really wouldn't have helped. What you need an SD card that you can move things like photos, videos, music, etc., to (not apps) and that would free up space.

TeChMaN_555

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016

but the fact that it shows 1.6/8gb Internal/Physical size really upsets me
in fact, before resetting it used to show total storage as 8gb, now total shows 1.6gb.

Showing you 8GB was incorrect. Which means before the reset it was giving you false info. It hasn't been that since before they installed anything on the device.

Try going into your "Settings" and then tap "Storage". I should show you exactly what amount of space is used for what type of things. Note: Often that list doesn't show the OS usage, or the preinstalled apps. But if you add all of what it shows you up, you can get an idea of just how much that uses.

Solution