touch pad not working

doodatt

Estimable
Oct 4, 2015
i have an asus laptop and after disconnecting the mouse, my touch pad will not work. i tried to use the shift f4 and f5 but its still not working, is there anything else i can try?

Solution
Hi,

Normally there's a shortcut to enable/disable the Asus touchpad (fn + F3 or F9) depending on where the mouse icon is located in all the function keys but if that doesn't work try to enable it inside Device Manager.
- Click Start then type Device Manager and press Enter
- In Device Manager expand Mice or other pointing device then right click on the mouse driver and select Enable.
- If that doesn't work try to uninstall/reinstall the touchpad driver
- In Device Manager right click on the Mouse driver the select uninstall and reboot your laptop
- It should reinstall automatically once the laptop boots back up.
Hi,

Normally there's a shortcut to enable/disable the Asus touchpad (fn + F3 or F9) depending on where the mouse icon is located in all the function keys but if that doesn't work try to enable it inside Device Manager.
- Click Start then type Device Manager and press Enter
- In Device Manager expand Mice or other pointing device then right click on the mouse driver and select Enable.
- If that doesn't work try to uninstall/reinstall the touchpad driver
- In Device Manager right click on the Mouse driver the select uninstall and reboot your laptop
- It should reinstall automatically once the laptop boots back up.

Solution