Touchpad Enabled, but Not Working

mjmiller814

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
I have a Toshiba C50-B laptop. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the most up to date Synaptics drivers. I've tried resetting the defaults in the bios and removed the batter and all that as well.

The touchpad works just fine in the UEFI, however not on the desktop. When checking the Synaptics software (with a external mouse) it says it's enabled and up to date.

The button on my laptop that is supposed to enable/disable the touchpad, is however not working, because when I have the software pulled up and I press the button, nothing happens. I have another laptop just like it, and pressing that button toggles the touchpad on and off and is visually shown in the software settings. That's not happening on this laptop though.

Also, it shows up in the device manager and says there that it's "working" and the "driver's up to date"

I can't figure out for the life of me what's going on. Advice appreciated.

mjmiller814

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013

Yeah, I've tried that, unfortunately that does not help :(

mjmiller814

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
Well that could explain why the button isn't working to toggle the touchpad on and off, but at the present moment, the touchpad is enabled. I enabled it through the software, however it's still not working.