Solved! Touchpad not working Packard Bell

joolii94

Estimable
Jan 30, 2016
A few keys fell loose and stopped working so I replaced the keyboard. When starting the laptop again the touchpad/mouse doesn't work at all. I tried the Fn and the key to activate the mousepad but nothing. I also reopened the laptop and checked everything was connected right which it was. And when checking the control planet on hardware and devices, then on mouse, there is no mouse. The only thing coming up is the usb-mouse I plugged in, but no touchpad. All answers are appreciated.

Solution
hi its simple download bios update from packard bell sapport site and update after that go to bios and change touchopad from advanced to basic. after reboot if it says no boot device go to bios again and chasnge boot menu to legacy

joolii94

Estimable
Jan 30, 2016
Thanks for your reply! Still not working though, I checked the connections again and they look okay. Windows still doesn't find the touchpad after reinstalling the driver.

marktamb2

Prominent
Sep 19, 2017
hi its simple download bios update from packard bell sapport site and update after that go to bios and change touchopad from advanced to basic. after reboot if it says no boot device go to bios again and chasnge boot menu to legacy

Solution