Touchpad on Lenovo Y50-70 is "Jumpy"

Doombot1

Commendable
May 25, 2016
I bought a Lenovo Y50-70 a year or so ago and it has been running fine aside from one minor issue. The trackpad, from what I believe, is broken (I know for a fact it is not the touchscreen because that broke and had to be completely replaced under warranty but the issue still continued. At random times, my mouse will go to the bottom left/middle of my screen (right above the 5th and 6th icon on my taskbar - windows 10), and move back and forth at a very fast speed between about 0.5 and 1.0 inches above those two icons. While this happens, I cannot use my mouse at all, and I have no idea why is starts or how to stop it. Sometimes it stops randomly if I wait a while. The only way that I know of to stop it is to press fn+f1 (that puts my computer to sleep), and then re log in, and it stops for a time at least. Does anyone know why this is happening? (It happens with and without an external mouse plugged in). Could my trackpad just be broken?

Thank You,

-Doombot1

Solution
Very odd. It almost sounds like something else is controlling things. Have you done some good thorough virus, malware, etc., checking?

You could also try uninstalling the driver(s), rebooting the computer (before installing any new drivers) and then when it restarts the system should automatically install new ones.
Very odd. It almost sounds like something else is controlling things. Have you done some good thorough virus, malware, etc., checking?

You could also try uninstalling the driver(s), rebooting the computer (before installing any new drivers) and then when it restarts the system should automatically install new ones.

Solution

Doombot1

Commendable
May 25, 2016

I know it's not a virus - I frequently run full computer scans with macaffee as well as malwarebytes and such. I'll try the driver thing - thanks!