Trade Used Games at Wal-Mart... Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfisthand

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]LATTEH[/nom]i wonder if they will give you more then Gamestop?[/citation]

I wonder if it could possibly give less than the video game mafia, maybe at least Wal Mart will have the integrity to not rewrap it and call it new.

I see a couple things in the linked tutorial that I see a problem with. First of all, you don't get cash, you get credit to your card, and you need to submit identification as well. For what? Are they afraid someone else will credit your account in your name, or do they just want your personal information linked properly? Better stop to read those terms.
Second of all, unlike what this article says, I don't see anything about scanning the disc, so they won't give you extra for turning in things in good shape, which a live person who doesn't work for organized crime would do for you.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]Ok, so what if you have a fake game (aka torrented) with a real or fake box?[/citation]
That's why the charge to a credit or debt card rather than give cash.

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Don't imagine it will take PC games. Still, if it did, perhaps I would buy some PC games used that I wouldn't buy new. That way if I didn't have time to play them I wouldn't feel bad about it ^_^.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]megamanx00[/nom]Don't imagine it will take PC games. Still, if it did, perhaps I would buy some PC games used that I wouldn't buy new. That way if I didn't have time to play them I wouldn't feel bad about it ^_^.[/citation]
Very few places take used PC games nowadays with all the DRM, limited installs, Online Activations, Steam, and various other reason that thwart resale.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]mrfisthand[/nom]I don't see anything about scanning the disc, so they won't give you extra for turning in things in good shape[/citation]

a machine will scan the barcode of your game box and inspect your game disc for suitability and value.

This message is brought to you by Lessons in Literacy ©
"Shutting the mouths of people who had no business talking for 3000 years!"

MoUsE-WiZ

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]This message is brought to you by Lessons in Literacy ©"Shutting the mouths of people who had no business talking for 3000 years!"[/citation]
[citation][nom]mrfisthand[/nom]Second of all, unlike what this article says, I don't see anything about scanning the disc[/citation]
Quoted for irony?

FSXFan

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
[citation][nom]bill gates is your daddy[/nom]I like how they say it's going to give you real money back but then turns around and says debit or credit card only. Last time I checked that's not real money.[/citation]

Would you rather have Wal-Mart money you have to re-spend there? As far as I'm concerned, money on my Visa is as good as (or better than, in some cases) cash in my pocket.

gio2vanni86

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
Great idea, but games i buy used or new i never trade in for money etc. I'm a collector type of guy, i love collecting games. This will work for those who need money back instead of store credit to buy whatever you need.

bill gates is your daddy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]FSXFan[/nom]Would you rather have Wal-Mart money you have to re-spend there? As far as I'm concerned, money on my Visa is as good as (or better than, in some cases) cash in my pocket.[/citation]

Ummm...No. Store credit is not real money either. Cash in my hand will always be better than "credit" on a card.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
[citation][nom]bill gates is your daddy[/nom]I like how they say it's going to give you real money back but then turns around and says debit or credit card only. Last time I checked that's not real money.[/citation]
What is real money? Is it the useless green paper that is printed by the big machines? The Federal Reserve note, used to be worth a certain amount of gold, but since the Twin Towers fell on 9/11 (and building 7 fell, which wasnt hit by anything) all the nations gold was stored under those towers. It's not there anymore and nobody knows where it is. Plus it's been said over and over again, if someone wanted the Gold for the cash the U.S. has printed there wouldn't be enough at all. So as of right now, cash is soley the labor hours of the slavery we were all born into.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
and btw a Debit Card is linked straight to your banking account (and no visa or master card), so they are giving you virtual ones and zero's just like the whole banking system actually is. Do yourself a favor and put all your money is a FIRE SAFE safe and get it out of teh banking system. You wont be sorry.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]bill gates is your daddy[/nom]Ummm...No. Store credit is not real money either. Cash in my hand will always be better than "credit" on a card.[/citation]

Not when someone knocks you on the head on your way out of Wal Mart and swipes your $20 bill. Were you not too much of a luddite to realize the myriad benefits of properly using credit/debit cards, you would still have your $20 and you probably wouldn't even have that bump on your head.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]Antilycus[/nom]but since the Twin Towers fell on 9/11 (and building 7 fell, which wasnt hit by anything) all the nations gold was stored under those towers. [/citation]

LOL that's a good one. Except, everyone knows JOHN MCCLANE SAVED TEH GOLD FROM BEING STOLED!!!11

[citation][nom]Antilycus[/nom]Do yourself a favor and put all your money is a FIRE SAFE safe and get it out of teh banking system. You wont be sorry.[/citation]

Yes, please take all your money, put it in a safe, and leave the banking system behind. Then, when the apocalypse comes, you will have all kinds of paper to heat your house with. Jeez, if you are going to be chicken little at least give good advice! Buy gold!

Status
Not open for further replies.