Transfer of files via USB charger-security

Mar 10, 2018
plugged a usb charger into my android phone and a computer at Univeristy. The phone kept asking for MPT access which I denied. It kept flicking from charging to transferring files. No files were physically transferred to my knowledge as I connected the phone purely to charge it. I have some private pictures from my laser hair removal journey that I had deleted from my phone. Is it possible that when I connected the phone to the PC that thumbnails/cache could have been automatically saved/transferred to the computer. Can my private images be recovered from this computer or am I worrying about nothing? What steps should I take?
Please reply. I am very worried about this.

Correct. If the file is deleted then it is deleted. The only way to try and get it back would be using recovery software and even then getting it back isn't guaranteed. However, again, to avoid such a problem in the future, I wouldn't keep anything at all on the device that you don't want seen by others.

Mar 10, 2018

I have made sure that all images have been permanently deleted. In order for someone to recover the images with recovery software, Would they need to reconnect my phone (making it impossible) or has my phone already automatically stored info on the PC when I plugged usb cable in? Sorry for all the questions. I have contacted my university and should hopefully get a response soon. Thank you once again

Mar 10, 2018

I have permanently deleted the images from my phone. I have also contacted IT support at uni and should hopefully get a response soon.
In order to utilise recovery software, my phone would have to be reconnected right? (Making it unlikely to be recovered without my knowledge) Or would the connection of my phone to the PC through the USB cable would have allowed information to be automatically stored on the computer so that it can be recovered with software without my knowledge. Apologies for all the questions.