Transfer Texts Unsuccessful

Mar 27, 2018
How do I transfer (in steps) texts from my Android LG 38 (Optimus Dynamic) to my new Samsung Galaxy On5 (S550TL)? I was unable to transfer them using USB cable as they did not show themselves as files to my computer. The only thing I could transfer USB were photos. Could anyone help me with this. VERY appreciative!

Solution
If you are talking text messages, through your phones messaging app, then no you can't transfer them. You can, however, forward them to either an email or another phone number. Either of those will let you send the messages so that you can get them on the new device.

You also can look into apps that allow you to save text messages. Through this type of app you can save the messages to a file(s) and then move or copy the file(s) over to the new device. You may, however, need to have the app also on the second device to then access the file(s) depending on what kind of file(s) they are saved as.
If you are talking text messages, through your phones messaging app, then no you can't transfer them. You can, however, forward them to either an email or another phone number. Either of those will let you send the messages so that you can get them on the new device.

You also can look into apps that allow you to save text messages. Through this type of app you can save the messages to a file(s) and then move or copy the file(s) over to the new device. You may, however, need to have the app also on the second device to then access the file(s) depending on what kind of file(s) they are saved as.

Solution