Solved! transferring

Nov 21, 2019
I need to download email from android cell to laptop outlook

Maxed out comcast email so I installed outlook onto my laptop, downloaded all of my email so I could then delete everything on comcast but still have all of my mail on my laptop to use outlook parsing capabilities.

PROBLEM - I didn't realize that when I removed them from Comcast, it simultaneously removed all of the email I had so painstakingly saved to my outlook. This is not how outlook used to work :( I still have email on my Galaxy 7s Edge which I had set to manually synch.....is it possible to transfer the emails from my cell phone to my laptop, preferably into outlook? I have since figured out that if I create a new folder directly in Outlook, I can move mail there and it will not delete when I remove it from comcast. Obviously a lesson too late.

Solution
The email program is going to make a difference. If they are still on a comcast email, then you are going to have to make them available again through the phone. Same thing goes if they are through a different email client.

If not, and are just on the phone itself and not in an email account, then you can try locating the files. Most would have an .eml extension. At least that is what most email clients give them when saved as actual files.

To avoid this problem, no matter which way you have to go, you should consider saving all the emails themselves to the computer. Not download to the email program only, as then you risk them being removed again, but to save them all to a different folder on the computer. One different than the...
The email program is going to make a difference. If they are still on a comcast email, then you are going to have to make them available again through the phone. Same thing goes if they are through a different email client.

If not, and are just on the phone itself and not in an email account, then you can try locating the files. Most would have an .eml extension. At least that is what most email clients give them when saved as actual files.

To avoid this problem, no matter which way you have to go, you should consider saving all the emails themselves to the computer. Not download to the email program only, as then you risk them being removed again, but to save them all to a different folder on the computer. One different than the program itself accesses. Save them as actual files on the computer. This way, even if you uninstalled that program or remove them from other locations, the files are still on the computer and can easily be accessed through any email program.

Additionally, to see if they are saved on the phone as .eml files just connect the phone to the computer via USB cord. And then from the computer search the phone for those types of files "*.eml" without the " but with the * before the .

Solution
Nov 21, 2019

To avoid this problem, no matter which way you have to go, you should consider saving all the emails themselves to the computer. Not download to the email program only, as then you risk them being removed again, but to save them all to a different folder on the computer. One different than the program itself accesses. Save them as actual files on the computer. This way, even if you uninstalled that program or remove them from other locations, the files are still on the computer and can easily be accessed through any email program.

Additionally, to see if they are saved on the phone as .eml files just connect the phone to the computer via USB cord. And then from the computer search the phone for those types of files "*.eml" without the " but with the * before the .
Thank you. I will let you know. As far as comcast, I even deleted them from the Delete Folder in order to reduce the space I had maxed out on.

Nov 21, 2019
Thank you. I will let you know. As far as comcast, I even deleted them from the Delete Folder in order to reduce the space I had maxed out on.
no .eml files on the phone. Is it possible that even though I can see the emails on my phone, I'm really only seeing a key that is really just indexing when I synch to my comcast online email? Meanwhile, I'm going to browse through the various folders on my cell to see if I find any hints.