Trump Tariffs Could Drive Up iPhone Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

katanaguy

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2015
Apple products are the most over rated technology products on the planet, and no I have no grudge against them, I have owned some of their products and deduced this from experience. I know the young people greatly enjoy them and its the "cool" factor thats in play here a lot, yet it is their money and decision and I simply say to each his own.

Jun 20, 2018
In many respects, I agree with you Katanaguy. However, if you are in any capacity in Sales, Marketing, Education, and so many other industries, it is almost imperative that you use it. I beg to differ on the young people argument. I am 46, and I find more young people now are using Samsung and trying other brands.

Believe me, I switched about 5 years ago to Apple because the other technology was just not cutting it. I do hope that more people in my industry do switch so that we can support other brands.

Mar 12, 2018
Mercy, talk about smoke and mirrors. It's a little hard to believe Navarro has no info into White House activity.
Your listing of the other cell phone producers is a little off base, considering they are all produced in China.
As for CNBC, I find difficult to believe most anything they disperse, based on their past efforts..

Please don't tell me this operation is politically motivated. What's next? pc

inzane4all

Great
Jun 20, 2018
You think the fanboys/girls will care? Apple made a mistake by introducing 3 models this time around (iPhoneX). They pushed their luck, and it bit them back. The iPhoneX is ridiculously priced and not worth it. But since there are two other models to choose from, people left the X high and dry and chose the mid to lower end phones. Go back to 2 model phones only, priced at $799 or $899 for the high end model, and people will line up like sheep to get the overpriced tech that probably costs $150 to make.

I used to be a STRONG Apple supporter, going back as far as MacOS 7.6.1 (I can even go even further back) and only using, managing and recommending Apple products. Once prices for Apple hardware went ridiculously high (starting with the iPhone), I completely switched to Linux, Android or Microsoft.

webgtlnbrgrs

Great
Jun 7, 2018
I hope this site isn't going to turn Political .. APPLE raises the prices all by themselves just fine, my X cost a $1000.00 who's fault was that ??? Come on this crap it "MAY" increase prices, well MAY not, stick on point will you …

Status
Not open for further replies.