Trying to choose between 2 gaming laptops

Cubemaster110

Commendable
Jun 4, 2017
I am getting ready to buy a laptop to bring with me to college, so I want something that is powerful, but not as bulky and heavy as, say, the Alienware Area-51m. Looking for a 17 inch screen, at a rough $2500 price point. I've found 2 laptops that I think might suit my needs, but I'm not sure which would be better.

I'm between the Razer Blade Pro 17 and the Asus ROG Zephyrus S GX701.

Both have similar specs (though I found a deal on Newegg for the Zephyrus that gives it a lot more power for just slightly more than the Blade. RTX 2080 vs RTX 2070 and 1TB storage instead of 512GB) but there are a few things keeping me from immediately jumping to the Zephyrus.

Firstly, it has no ethernet port, which makes getting solid internet more difficult. I have heard that I can use an ethernet-to-USB adapter, but I'm not sure how well those work.

Also, the keyboard on the Zephyrus is a bit strange, and I'm not sure how much I would like the forward layout.

If anyone has experience with these two laptops and could recommend one over the other, I'd appreciate it.

USB to ethernet adapters are fine to use (it's not the other way around BTW) we use them at work all the time for our tablet systems. Just do a web search for USB C to Ethernet, you will find many different ones, some have a bunch of other ports as well. The ones we get have Ethernet, VGA and a few USB ports similar to this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M8HLGB...&pd_rd_r=43af4b76-92dd-11e9-a0ee-b99c5bcadf13

Just make sure that what you look at will support a normal USB C Windows system, some need Thunderbolt support.

TRENDING THREADS