Solved! Trying to connect my computer to my projector

Nov 26, 2018
Hi,
I am trying to connect my laptop to my projector so I can watch some movies with my friends. I connected my laptop to the projector via an HDMI cord but no sound comes through the projector once I start playing videos. I believe the projector has a built in speaker because in the manual there is a step to on how to plug audio into the computer using the yellow, red, and white cords like on a DVD player. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
While I never recommend using the projector's speakers (they're typically very poor), it would help if you told us the model of the projector in question. Otherwise, I'd recommend using an alternate audio output from the laptop to a different audio device (like a receiver).

-Wolf sends
While I never recommend using the projector's speakers (they're typically very poor), it would help if you told us the model of the projector in question. Otherwise, I'd recommend using an alternate audio output from the laptop to a different audio device (like a receiver).

-Wolf sends

Solution
Nov 26, 2018

Oh my goodness you are absolutely right saying the projector model would definitely help. Sorry about that. It is an RCA Home Theater Projector and the model no. is RPJ119.

Thanks

Found the manual here

Obvious question 1) Is your laptop audio set to HDMI as the default output?
Not so obvious question 2) Is your laptop audio set to PCM or Auto?

In rare cases, if the projector’s speaker has no sound when playing a DVD movie in a player connecting to the HDMI input, please check the player’s digital audio settings and make sure it is set to “Auto” mode or “PCM” mode

-Wolf sends

zachybest

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
First, check if the connections are okay. I mean you follow the manual. If you are okay with the connections, then it might be an issue of the projector's speakers.

I will not recommend using projector speaker thought.