Trying to connect PS2 to Vizio D24f-F1

Apr 29, 2018
I recently had to replace my old TV and bought a Vizio D24f-F1, However, in trying to connect my old PS2 to this TV, I am not sure how to best go about doing so. On the back there are only two places to plug in the cables. They are both light green, and the top one is labeled "L/R". The bottom one is labeled "Component/Composite Shared."

My old TV had the red, white, and yellow inputs and I just plugged the cables from my PS2 into those and it worked fine. I bought this adapter on Amazon to see if it would work: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XDZ5MF2/ref=twister_B071X1LMBF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

When I connect the cables from my PS2 to this adapter, and then plug the adapter into the "Component/Composite Shared" input on the TV, I do get a picture. However, there is no sound. Am I using the wrong kind of adapter? Is there some better way to connect my PS2 to this TV?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Streaming Video & TVs 2
O Streaming Video & TVs 11
N Streaming Video & TVs 2
H Streaming Video & TVs 5
T Streaming Video & TVs 12
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 15
G Streaming Video & TVs 3
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 4
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 5
Similar threads
I want to connect my iPhone 5s to my Vizio smart TV without cords or Wi-Fi or hotspot does my phones data
i want to connect my vizio E55-E2, amazon tv box, and RCA RTD3266 so i get surround sound with whatever i'm watching. the only
How do I connect my iPhone to my vizio smart tv to watch movies
How to properly connect a Vizio Model M55-C2 and Apple TV to a Yamaha Model RX-V367 Audio Receiver
Connecting LiteOn DVD recorder to new vizio d24f-f1.
Can connect antenna to a non smart Vizio tv
I have a 12 year old JVC DVD player and I want to connect it to my new Vizio E65-F1
Unable to connect to Amazon Prime on my Vizio smart tv
how do I connect my vizio to my Hughes net?
How to connect a VHS player to vizio smart tv
connecting nextbook 10 to vizio tv also has xbox360 connected to tv
My vizio model number D43-E2 only has input volume and power can't connect to internet bought it with out remote any suggestio
connect roku stick to Vizio which is connected to cable, using the only HDMI port
Tcl55s401trying to connect my vizio subwoofer and sound bar to it,the only way I found to do this is thru bluetoothing my smar
I have a vizio smart tv and none of the hdmi or component ports work is there a way to get my android box to connect and play
Can I connect smartcast mobile to my vizio smart tv even tho I have a hopper
Please help! Can’t connect Vizio sound bar to Samsung 40” hospitality series 6 tv!!!
How do I connect my internet to my vizio tv wyithout a remote?
How do you connect an Epson Projector to a Vizio Soundbar & Laptop for Streaming?
Connect Sony DVP-SR210P DVD hookup up to Vizio D24hn-E1 tv

ASK THE COMMUNITY