Trying to revive old laptop - Acer

Deathgun420

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
So to start thinngs off, il tell you what ive been trough and where im at now.

Laptop: Acer TravelMate 5320

It was my older sisters laptop and it stoped working years ago. So i thought why not and try to get it back up and running.
First problem was when i tried booting up, right past the acer logo i got the error message: "Remove disks or other media". I tried to boot into windows installer with my bootable windows install USB. I got stuck on the starting windows logo many times, but after 5-6 tries it worked and i deleted all partitions and installed windows 7 on a new partition.Now the PC would boot up the disk but it never got past the windows logo. It either got stuck, black screen or even different BSOD screens.
Things i tried to fix it:
Changed RAM with the excact same ram from another acer travelmate 5320.
Results were the same.
(Before that i even tried switching the same RAM stick between the different slots)

Changed the HDD with my SSD from my desktop pc.
Results were the same, the laptop would just hang or crash/restart on the windows logo (it was loading for a few seconds, circle spinning).

Removed battery, so that its being powered directly.

I also tried booting up in safe mode and low resolution mode.
When i ran safe mode it would get stuck on loading the driver for: disk.sys

One thing i also noticed is that the corners of the screen are white and sometimes when booting up the screen would flash a bit on the acer logo.
Once when i was messing with it and trying to get into windows the white corners would start to expand untill it filled the whole screen. So the screen was all white in the end. After that i restarted the laptop and it did not happed again. But the corners were still white like always.

Sorry for my bad english and thanks for reading. I hope you guys can give me some tips or directions what i can try to fix it myself.

R4DIO4CT1VE

Estimable
Feb 1, 2016
I've heard of microwaving graphics cards before, reflowing a mobo using an oven is a new idea to me. Personally it sounds like a good way to inhale toxic chemicals, but i applaud your efforts and am very interested in hearing the results.

Deathgun420

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
Put the laptop back together. Problem still persists.
Black screen after starting windows screen. Stuck on disk.sys in safe mode

Will probably try reflowing again on 235c. Have no idea how to identify the silicone type, so i think il just go for it :p

Deathgun420

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
Tried running a windows 8 install cd and i got BSOD after it finished loading off the CD. NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE

What could it be? Is this a faulty motherboard? I thibk i rulled out the most common problems that could have caused this.

Deathgun420

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
I dont know what just happened, but i tried the windows 8 install a second time and it worked. Booted up after install. Got BSOD after windows logo, had to restart 2 times and suddenly.... I was in the windows 8 setup process, finished it and now im on the desktop. I am amazed and don't know if it was the reflow that might have fixed any connectivity issues on the motherboard. Anyway i will see if it will boot up into windows with a few tries after i get BSOD