p4nz3rm4d

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
howzit guys...
i recently got a HP dv7 ( i7-2630, 8GB RAM, 2TB, 6770. )
It is an excellent performer ( Crysis on max res. and medium graphics, etc ), but wanted to make it better with a few tweaks...
anything will be welcome from registry tweaks to slight overclocking or whatever...
im just too lazy to create a list, and wondered what else is out there! [:aford10:4]
Any responses are welcome! Thanx in advance...

p4nz3rm4d

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
well i managed to oc a few packard bells and asus laptops bout 200 mhz on average, but was looking more to fiddle with software...

phyco126

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
msconfig is your friend. Mess with the boot options. Tell it to use all cores to boot, and disable any programs that you don't want it to start on boot. Cuts down on boot times AND increases performance*

*performance gains depend on how much RAM you save from programs you disabled

That is the first thing.

Second thing, get rid of any and all bloat ware. Heck, you know what? Make this number one and the above number two. Perform a clean install of Windows on it. THEN do msconfig. XD

p4nz3rm4d

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Yeah, its actually a new install of windows to start with...
Anyone had a chance to look at System Mechanic 10? i had 9 but it stuffed up my pc!!! any thoughts?

Hi :)

I own Computer shops and a lappy repair company...

To be honest most of those programs cause MORE trouble than they are worth..... we usually remove them all from customers machines, and the machines run better for it...

And dont even get me started on CC Cleaner lol.....its awful...DAMAGES the registry before you can even blink...

All the best Brett :)