Turn off port in TeamViewer

pctechtv

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
I sent an email to TeamViewer Support and I asked if there was a way to turn off all things that were connected to the internet except TeamViewer and this was there answer. "For TeamViewer to work properly, it requires access to all TeamViewer servers. The easiest way to achieve this, is to open the port 5938 (TCP) for outbound connections to any IP addresses released.

By default TeamViewer uses only the outgoing port 80 (HTTP) or 443 (HTTPS) - no firewall configuration is necessary. Alternatively you can open port 5938 (TCP) for outgoing connections as well as the following URL's:"
Could anyone explan the steps in Windows 7/8 to do this? I guess they mean turn off everyting except port 5938?

Solution
I dont mean windows firewall or a hardware device. You need a 3rd party firewall like avg or comodo if you dont already have one and need to configure it in there.

pctechtv

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013

When you say Firewall does that mean the Windows Firewall or a hardware device? Thanks

jbseven

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
I dont mean windows firewall or a hardware device. You need a 3rd party firewall like avg or comodo if you dont already have one and need to configure it in there.

Solution