turntable drags every couple of seconds

jibrynt

Prominent
Dec 4, 2017
I have a pl 203az turntable that has the speed indicator broken inside the assembly and will not allow me to adjust the speed indicator, It still played fine but lately it drags every few seconds when I play it. Is this possibly the issue I am having? Not sure if the belt may also be the problem. It was replaced a couple of months ago. Thanks.

Solution
A lot of aftermarket replacement belts are very low quality and may not be the right size or material. A slipping belt could cause your problem. If the belt has a dull side that should be facing inside when installed. You could try cleaning the belt and the capstan it rides on. Try spinning the platter without the belt and feel for any drag in the bearing.
A lot of aftermarket replacement belts are very low quality and may not be the right size or material. A slipping belt could cause your problem. If the belt has a dull side that should be facing inside when installed. You could try cleaning the belt and the capstan it rides on. Try spinning the platter without the belt and feel for any drag in the bearing.

Solution