Solved! Tv and soundbar question

Jan 4, 2022
Hi guys,

Hoping someone could confirm this for me (I don't have a lot of knowledge in the area, so just want to double check).

I have a cheap TCL tv (model 40D3000F) which I've now found out has 2 hdmi ports, as well as AV, but no hdmi arc or optical.
My new sound bar (yamaha yas-209) seemingly only has optical and hdmi arc. I didn't realise my tv was missing the necessary ports when purchasing the sound bar (it was from 2018, so I assumed it'd have what was needed)

I think the only choice I have is to buy one of these converters:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B093H3GFR3/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

Am I correct in this? Is this the best/only way to do this, or am I missing another potential solution?

I appreciate any and all help - thank you! :)

Solution
Look at the 3rd picture in that product and also the setup examples they show, it's not for what you want to do.

You need either a new TV or if your model has an analog audio out you can get an analog to optical audio adapter. A new TV should be cheap enough to buy, especially once you sell yours and recover some money for that. I just bought a 42" 4k set used from craigslist for well under $200.
Look at the 3rd picture in that product and also the setup examples they show, it's not for what you want to do.

You need either a new TV or if your model has an analog audio out you can get an analog to optical audio adapter. A new TV should be cheap enough to buy, especially once you sell yours and recover some money for that. I just bought a 42" 4k set used from craigslist for well under $200.

Solution
Jan 4, 2022

Thank you so much for responding.

I ended up getting this product:
https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B06XCTGZFT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Connected it via a coax cable, and everything works well now :)
Thank you once again for your help! Much appreciated.