TV channel network apps?

edward78

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Cool, I was looking at Playstation Vue & seems they don't carry local channels, so I want to download the basic network apps. for FireTV (why no android app. guys) to watch those shows on demand...

getochkn

Splendid
the problem is most network apps want you to have a cable service already to access them. EG, you can't watch history channel shows on demand unless you buy the channel through a cable company, then you can use your cable company login for it, otherwise you can't.

edward78

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
I just mean ABC/CBS/NBC, the OTA channels, do you still need a sub. for them PS VUE not having a abdriod app. is annoying, then I could just download my local network apps. SlingTV has a android aoo., but it is a lot worse than Vue.. Is there a easy way to get android apps. on FireOS? Does Apple make a iOS mini computer?

If allow "side-loading" of apps on your Amazon table, and you **somehow** get APK files of the apps you need - yes, you can. BTW, some networks (eb ABC) do have their app on Amazon. But you still need a cable/dish account to use it.

Apple do make "iOS mini computer" - it's called iPad.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Apps General Discussion 1
A Apps General Discussion 1
H Apps General Discussion 2
henrytcasey Apps General Discussion 15
G Apps General Discussion 0
voyager1 Apps General Discussion 7
S Apps General Discussion 7
edward78 Apps General Discussion 1
I Apps General Discussion 1