Solved! TV, laptop and audio receiver

Apr 1, 2022
I'm struggling to get audio when I connect my laptop via Hdmi to TV and from TV to component via Hdmi. It only gives me display but no sound.

Solution
I'm struggling to get audio when I connect my laptop via Hdmi to TV and from TV to component via Hdmi. It only gives me display but no sound.

Sounds like you have three things there, list exactly what you are using, and what cables and ports you are using. If you have audio on the TV speakers from the laptop, then that works. Next need to check on the other connection you are using. Normally the source would go to the receiver for audio, and uses a pass-through HDMI connection to the TV, not source to TV and from TV to receiver.

Sounds like you have three things there, list exactly what you are using, and what cables and ports you are using. If you have audio on the TV speakers from the laptop, then that works. Next need to check on the other connection you are using. Normally the source would go to the receiver for audio, and uses a pass-through HDMI connection to the TV, not source to TV and from TV to receiver.

Solution