TV Market to Launch Cross-Platform App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it seems as if they are fighting an uphill battle here, especially against HTPC's. It's easier to rig a PC to a flat screen TV to watch TV, record, and potentially down the line, do much more.

foody

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
Sounds like were moving toward HTPC's almost. Imagine every TV being an all-in-one without being ridiculously expensive.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]foody[/nom]Sounds like were moving toward HTPC's almost. Imagine every TV being an all-in-one without being ridiculously expensive.[/citation]

actuakllky i cant imagine that .. i think the tv companies will fall on their faces in this LOL with consoles ad pc already offering just about any thign you could want online , what the hell is there foir atv to do other than jsut provide better images ?

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
FYI: My Samsung TV streams movies/music/photos from my home network, downloads NetFlix, plays youTube content, Yahoo widgets, has games, recipies and does all of this better than my XBOX 360 can do (plays more video formats including MKV.

That and I only have to power on 1 device (instantly) to do all of this. The TV is the perfect appliance to have this functionality built in.

I love HTPCs, but I'm predicting their death right here. Too complex, too expensive, not very integrated, slow to boot up and they take up space. Death to HTPC!

Status
Not open for further replies.