TV mounting on Wood?

dankknightavngr

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
Is it possible to hang my 46inch tv on a thin wooden wall? My room only has cement wall on the side and id like the tv to be infront of me, but its a thin wooden wall... is it possible?

Solution
You don't mount the TV to the wall itself.
You mount the bracket to the studs. Standard construction places 2x4 studs 16" apart from the center of each stud. If you can't borrow a stud finder then you can use a finish nail at the bottom of the wall to find them. If you rap the wall you can hear where they are too.
Get a bracket that allows you to move the TV side to side so it can be positioned where you want it while the wall part of the bracket spans the closet two wall studs to the position you want the TV..

Atomicdonut17

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
A number of factors can limit this, such as:

How thin is the wooden wall?
What's behind it? Just empty space, or a spacer/stud? Pipes, wiring?
Do you have a mount, or are you simply trying to just 'hang' it there?

If you're trying to hang it there by some screw system, you'll be faced with some challenges. The weight of the TV will be more likely to pull the screws out, and along with it, drop your TV to the floor. If you have a mount/bracket, it will be better, but optimally, you want to try to find a spot in the wall where a stud/spacer resides so you have as much screw depth as possible. As well, if you cannot mount it on the wooden wall, most TV mounts come with screws meant to pierce cement. :)

dankknightavngr

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
The wood wall is super thin bruh, I live in a fairly cheap condominium, and Id say its only half inch thick and its a double panel so there is 4 inch space between two panels. The weight of my tv is 12kg. I have a mount ready btw, but ill hang it myself. Hanging it on the actual cement wall is a possibility, ill just buy a tilt and swivel mount so i can watch with comfort, but i prefer to mount it in front of me... is there any hacks thath i can do to hang it on my thin wall???

Atomicdonut17

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017

A half inch thick wall? I wouldn't even try to hang something on that, especially a LCDTV.

You don't mount the TV to the wall itself.
You mount the bracket to the studs. Standard construction places 2x4 studs 16" apart from the center of each stud. If you can't borrow a stud finder then you can use a finish nail at the bottom of the wall to find them. If you rap the wall you can hear where they are too.
Get a bracket that allows you to move the TV side to side so it can be positioned where you want it while the wall part of the bracket spans the closet two wall studs to the position you want the TV..

Solution