TV No longer recognizing Receiver

Ksloan1989

Estimable
Nov 6, 2015
So everything was working great, and now all of a sudden my TV is not recognizing my audio receiver as a sound output option. I'm trying to choose Receiver as audio output, but it's greyed out so i can't select it. I have my HDMI cable in my ARC input plugged into the receiver. It worked perfectly fine for months, but now it just stopped working all of a sudden.

The weird thing is, I can play my bluetooth to the receiver, and if I go to the Input 2 (where the receiver is connected), it shows the receiver information (shows the song details, that I'm connected to the receiver). So I can't figure out what is causing the issue. I've tried looking at the audio setups on both the TV and the Receiver setting to try and figure out if I changed a setting, but nothing seems to work. Extremely frustrated because both the TV and the Receiver seem to be working independently, they just won't sync for the TV audio.

I have a Denon AVR-S700W and a UN65H6300 samsung smart TV.

Thanks so much for any help!

Did you try a different HDMI cable?
Did you try to change the order you turn on the TV and receiver? Sometimes that affect how they "handshake" and recognize each other.
You seem to have exhausted all the menu options I would suggest.
The last resort would be to add an optical cable from the TV to the receiver to get audio from the TV into the receiver.