TV Only Display as duplicate

Jdsm_27

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017
So the problem was I couldnt get my GPU to directly show on my new TV with HDMI, but the mobo would still give me video in my conventional monitor with VGA. So I try different changes until I finally got it to show on the TV, but now it only shows as duplicate, which means when I tried to extend so I could use both, it didnt work, then I plug off my monitor to put it back on the closet and the TV would go blue again, so now im stuck as duplicate screens only and cant plug off my monitor. Any ideas why this is happening? I rather extend and use both monitor and TV but I dont really care, I just really want to show on TV with my graphic cards WITHOUT the ugly monitor that I cant take other places..

When you use a TV as a monitor the order you select the input on the TV and boot the PC affects whether the TV and PC "handshake". Try changing the order. Try a different HDMI input on the TV. Try a different cable.
When you get that working you can then try using your old monitor as the extended display rather than the main one.

Jdsm_27

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017

Yes but, When I try to go in display in order to show only 1 or 2 the TV would say "Not suppported" and stay without signal, so its only working as mirror.. wont let me use it as main, or use tv only.