TV Stand suggestions for electronics when tv is hung?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2018
Hi
I'm looking to upgrade the family entertainment center after 20 years. Currently using a hutch and looking to upgrade to a regular tv stand where it'll look good when I get the tv hung on the wall while the electronic boxes are on the stand. I need one that has at least 4slots (Blu-ray player, DVD, cable box, receiver) and a couple cabinets.

I've seen hundreds online but mostly for tvs on the actual stand, it seems awkward up have the electronics in the shelves but the actual space for the tv is open once hung. Any suggestions? Maybe im just not using the right Google keyword searches? Thanks

Solution
The reason the new stands are open is that the TVs are pretty big now, the old style cabinets were designed when 32" was a large set, now 50" is about the standard.

What I have seen people do is build a custom wooden box around the TV that you would hang, or maybe some non-distracting art on the sides.

There are TV stands for modern larger TVs, just not what you would consider a hutch type thing http://homedesignware.com/lcd-tv-wall-unit-design-catalogue/lcd-tv-wall-unit-design-catalogue-tv-cabinet-designs-for-modern-home-design-ideas-wall-mounted-tv/

Another thing you can do, is use the TV as a picture frame, many of them can play rotating images or have some pretty nice pictures as screensavers you can setup, so you have it in the...
The reason the new stands are open is that the TVs are pretty big now, the old style cabinets were designed when 32" was a large set, now 50" is about the standard.

What I have seen people do is build a custom wooden box around the TV that you would hang, or maybe some non-distracting art on the sides.

There are TV stands for modern larger TVs, just not what you would consider a hutch type thing http://homedesignware.com/lcd-tv-wall-unit-design-catalogue/lcd-tv-wall-unit-design-catalogue-tv-cabinet-designs-for-modern-home-design-ideas-wall-mounted-tv/

Another thing you can do, is use the TV as a picture frame, many of them can play rotating images or have some pretty nice pictures as screensavers you can setup, so you have it in the open, but it's part of the design.

retractable-tv-stands-for-flat-screens-beautiful-retractable-tv-stands-for-flat-screens-of-retractable-tv-stands-for-flat-screens.jpg

Solution
Try googling:

"DIY TV equipment stands"

You may find some viable ideas. Either directly or some combination approach.

If you are at all handy, you could well find what you needed via Thrift stores or the such. Sometimes people even put stuff out on the curbs with a "FREE" sign.

Some modifications (if needed, holes drilled, extra brackets, hardware, etc.), some sanding, and some paint and you may end up with exactly what you want with the look you want.

I just modified a TV stand that had a large wood-framed glass door. You could see everything and even when neat was quite unsightly overall.

Bought some aluminum mesh and cut a section to fit on the inside of the glass. Easy to do and greatly improved the look of the room.

Much less expensive than an entire new cabinet.

Got the idea via the same sort of google search.

Status
Not open for further replies.