TV Under $500?

Papa-Poto

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011
Hey all!

A friend of mine is looking for a new 42 inch TV under $500. He's decided to go over to best buy and just pick one up that seems fine. I'm just curious if anyone has advice on TV's at this price point or personal experience with (bad) brands that he might be looking at.

He'll just be playing his Xbox 360 on the TV, and likes FPS games in general.

Solution
If he's going to Best Buy, then see if they still have Dynex TVs. Dynex uses all LG parts for their TVs and price very low. I have a 32" LCD that I bought 4 years ago now for $300 and it works great, no pixel loss and I play my consoles on it all the time. I'm sure if they still have that brand, it will be easy to get a quality 42" for under $500.

bdiddytampa

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
If he's going to Best Buy, then see if they still have Dynex TVs. Dynex uses all LG parts for their TVs and price very low. I have a 32" LCD that I bought 4 years ago now for $300 and it works great, no pixel loss and I play my consoles on it all the time. I'm sure if they still have that brand, it will be easy to get a quality 42" for under $500.

Solution

Papa-Poto

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011
Hmmm, I didn't know that about Dynex. I just looked at the best buy website and didn't see any Dynex TVs in the 40"-45" category, but I'll pass that information along.