Twitch Buying YouTube: What It Could Mean for Gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyro226

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Not sure, but I they meant Twitch-Buying Youtube. As in "Twitch Buying" as an adjetive for youtube. But yeah, as it stands, it is terribly misleading.

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
How is this going to work for the twitch broadcasters who earn income doing this? Will they eventually be paying DICE,Blizzard,Ubisoft, etc... royalty fees since they are making money by streaming their game content?

StarBound

Honorable
May 26, 2013
I believe the reason gamers migrated to twitch was because of the constant copyright claims and now the "freedom" entity is getting dragged back into the current unstable system. Not a lawyer so don't really know what is a valid claim and what isn't. But pretty sure what is shown was already paid for and whats being monetized is the players efforts.

shogunofharlom

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
Google buying Twitch is at least better than Microsoft buying it. Google basically owns videogame broadcasting now. Anti-trust lawsuit anyone?

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
I bet google will try and take Twitch away from Xbox One. They already refused to make Windows Phone Apps because they are but hurt over the whole scroogle ad campaign.

Hunter_Killers

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2003
I'm pretty sure you can already upload to youtube from twitch directly but I've never used the "Upload" button myself. This is more than likely going to lead to more content ID garbage and likely abandonment of twitch if it does.

jayco

Estimable
May 20, 2014
*Log in to Google+ to start streaming ! And while you're at it, pay a little contribution to the legal fatcats*

Status
Not open for further replies.