Two HDMI inoputs 1 monitor

gremlin283

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
I was wondering if there was a way using an dvi to hdmi converter to manually swap back and forth from inputs on a second monitor without having to use a switch box to go from one signal to another. The reason I ask this is that while my main monitor has dual hdmi input ports my video card has only a single output port. I want to run hdmi on my main monitor as per normal but I also want to convert my dvi monitor to hdmi and be able to switch betweeen channel 1 internet, and channel two bluye ray player. While I have the switch I am not sure how well it will work. Any thoughts appreciated.

popatim

Splendid
Which monitor do you have? Some dont like being switched between inputs.
Also, just to be clear, you want both inputs connected to your pc's Graphics card? Your post start out like you want to use the monitor as a second pc screen but then you say you want it connected to your BluRay Player

Bottom line is, you got multiple input and multiple outputs, assuming by blueray you mean a stand-alone blueray player.

There are no magic, you need a mechanical switcher, and HDMI is known to be tricky to switch.

Ideally, you already have an AV receiver with multiple HDMI inputs and at least two HDMI outputs.