Typing problems on Laptop

NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

BadAsAl

Distinguished
If a USB keyboard works fine then most likely your onboard keyboard is bad.
Depending on the model of laptop it might be easy or very difficult to replace it.
Tell us the model and we can tell you if replacement is an option.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Laptop Tech Support 5
A Laptop Tech Support 1
Z Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 4
R Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 5
H Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1