U.S. Army Sets Up in Second Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

malveaux

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
Second Life is disgusting. Army is targeting a bunch of sloths. That is stupid.

Failed tax money effort.

We want it back, bozos.

Claimintru

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
Yep, go bribe people playing Crysis, Cod4/Cod5, Counter Strike 1.6, Counter Strike Source, Unreal Tournament, Quake and Old versions of Doom. Those are your future heroes right there.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Can't win me. Only games, if i can't play a game within 1 week in boot camp then fuck you i ain't joining. My soul and body require a PC, games, soda, junk food, and a schedule that i can at least game for 3 to 6 hours a day, if there cool with that i will join if not then go fuck yourself. Enough said.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]Claimintru[/nom]Yep, go bribe people playing Crysis, Cod4/Cod5, Counter Strike 1.6, Counter Strike Source, Unreal Tournament, Quake and Old versions of Doom. Those are your future heroes right there.[/citation]
I don't think you're right on this assessment. Players of those games might be a bit more triggerhappy than the army wants. People with faith and a strong belief in the system is what they need. A good soldier isn't just a guy with a gun, but a guy that doesn't question a superiors orders, yet doesn't forfeit the use of his brain. fps'ers don't use the brain (conciousness) while shooting - reflexes/routines are much faster. That's probably good when under fire, but may not be good when they open fire or otherwise react too intuitively without proper thought.

Anyhow, right or wrong marked - doesn't matter. At least they try. I don't think our army's even trying to recruit people. Not that I mind much. Eats too much tax money anyway.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I am disgusted by this. Its bad enough that recruiters will lie through their teeth and I was angered more than anything when the American's Army game came out and now this...

Well its time to download second life and show them one angry veteran.

Milleman

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
Ok great...
Will there be an Iraq island as well, where people can test klling Iraqies? Or try getting blown into pieces by a car bomb?

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
imo your goverment should just built a bunch more of those remote controlled light tanks (the wheeled version) and stop killing your future workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.