U.S. Government Secretly Obtained AP's Phone Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
Nice, only two days late. I have no idea how Obama has not been impeached (well I do we lost the press and half the people are brainwashed). We got the Benghazi cover up, the IRS targeting conservative groups, and now the wire tapping and this is just recently. And on all these stories, the administration lied about every account. It blows my mind that people still believe everything this man tells them. Plus, it doesn't help that people are more worried about who got voted off America Idol than what's going on in their own country.

tomc100

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
I'm surprised Obama had to spy on the press. Most of them or their relatives work for this administration. All he really had to do was ask them for their records and they would have gladly given it to them. Chris Matthews, Diane Sawyer, and George Stephanopoulos all masturbate to his picture each morning.

curiosul

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
Majin, the sad part is that most people ARE naive (in the sense you described).
It's called the illusion of choice (e.g. red vs. blue).

lunix

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
I'm always fascinated at how quickly ANY discussion that has remotely political aspects gets drawn into a red vs blue rant collection.
I'm less amazed at the short memory of the ranters... EVERY presidency had its share of scandals. You only get fired if you're as crass as Nixon (who also got away with other things before Watergate).
Apart from that, and in this particular case: who do you think created this current environment in which all rules go out the window as soon as terrorists are concerned?
"Ey boss, we can't really seize all these phone records just like that." "Course we can, we're on a terrorist hunt here!"
"Hey boss, we shouldn't cavity-search every guy with a beard..." "Shut up, we're securing the homeland!"

buzzrattie

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
What about Benghazi, 4 Americans died, and all this administration can say is that it was a group of people protesting. How many times can they lie to us and get away with it? What difference does it make? Hillary made that statement when she testified. Does it make a difference? Are we going to wake up or get off our butts and do something about it? This country needs help, and we are the ones that need to stand up and do something.

ssdpro

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
Oh no, Benghazi propaganda... I can't believe Glenn Beck reads Tom's! The scandal there is the administration first reported intelligence that the mission was victim of a terrorist attack that spawned from a protest over a anti-Muslim video. The reality is it was a terrorist attack motivated by something else (idiotic reasons). It is awful either way. I do know if I was the Ambassador in Libya I would forgo the vacation and stay safe at the protected embassy in Tripoli where I belong.
As for the phone records, if you are leaking national security secrets it doesn't matter if you are talking to a member of the media or talking to the Pope himself; you and they will get tapped and found.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Wiretapping is big business for telcos governments and criminals (if you care to separate the three).
After the wiretapping came forward, what are the odd's the government "hacked" the AP's twitter and posted the Obama white house bomb twee themselves? It's not like anyone ever gives out a password over the phone...
"Just to feed the conspiracy trolls" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.