U.S. Judge Forces Apple, Samsung Into Settlement Talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzznarf

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Funny how its not ripping anyone off when he does it, but if someone else's design is anything near Apple, it is grand theft. Steve Jobs was a hypocrite and a toolbag...

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
@fuzznarf.

Self serving people only acknowledge what they want to. They'll always fine a way to throw in a "well thats different" when you point out they do the same things they are getting mat at other for doing.

guruofchem

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
When the historical basis for your company is tech ripped off from Xerox PARC, methinks you might want to be careful whom you tar with that particular brush...

snacnrsoa

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
I'm proud of you.
g.gif

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
[citation][nom]fuzznarf[/nom]Funny how its not ripping anyone off when he does it, but if someone else's design is anything near Apple, it is grand theft. Steve Jobs was a hypocrite and a toolbag...[/citation]
And yet they want to create a movie for him...

Why not!? At the end of the movie, comes down the 'Thermo-nuclear war'! That's a good idea!?!

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Since Steve Jobs died and stopped using Apple's lawyers to protect his ego the following has happened:

1. Jobs' policy, instated the day he took over as CEO and lasting until the day of his death, of no charitable donations has been reversed. Tim Cook has already donated 100M of Apple's money to help build a children's hospital.

2. Jobs' policy of laying claim to overly broad design ideas (you can't patent minimalism people, the idea has been around for centuries) and waging all out legal war is coming to an end.

3. Jobs' policy of ignoring the labor conditions* in the factories which make the products they sell (with obscene profit margins) has ended, and factory conditions are set to improve dramatically in the short term.

I doubt the history books are going to remember Jobs kindly. He was a 21st century robber baron, nothing more. Having made nice products doesn't change the fact that he was scum and was fine with building his company on the backs of thousands of exploited Chinese factory workers, much like the railroad magnates of the 19th century did.

I honestly don't see how anyone could honestly like the man given his track record of truly awful behavior. Even his official biographer described him as a man who would "do anything to get his way."

*Jobs claimed Apple performed audits of the factories regularly, though the first time a third party audited they found 50 serious violations in about a week. What exactly did Jobs' audits do? Either the audits were so cursory as to be totally ineffective, a move to placate consumers without actually intending to affect change. Or they never happened at all, a move to placate consumers without actually intending to affect change. Or Jobs consistently ignored the conditions exposed in the audits, a move to placate consumers without actually intending to affect change.

My guess is they either didn't happen or Jobs simply ignored the results. It would be totally consistent with his policy of "do whatever I please whenever I please," like how he loved to park in handicapped spots (seriously, he was notorious for it even before he had cancer).

markheber

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
[citation][nom]guruofchem[/nom]When the historical basis for your company is tech ripped off from Xerox PARC, methinks you might want to be careful whom you tar with that particular brush...[/citation]
Apple was GIVEN, from PARC:
1. GUI with mouse.
2. Object oriented programming.
3. Ethernet.
and they chose to ignore the last two and concentrate on the first. Think where Apple would be if they had concentrated on all three. There would be three times as many haters.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]markheber[/nom]Apple was GIVEN, from PARC:1. GUI with mouse.2. Object oriented programming.3. Ethernet.and they chose to ignore the last two and concentrate on the first. Think where Apple would be if they had concentrated on all three. There would be three times as many haters.[/citation]
Or each product would be 1/3 as good...

G

quot by Steve Jobs "We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas."

How can someone who stole the ideas in the first place complain when someone does a better job stealing them

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
I think those that liked Steve Jobs chose not to see all the wrong. Blinded they were. I said a while ago that generally he would not be missed. ...I think that's still true.

Status
Not open for further replies.