U.S. Striking Back Against Chinese Cyberattacks

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

When i read the published report, i failed to see any actual person being named as suspect. All i see reported is three internet "handles". There is no photo of the person responsible, no confirmed names of an actual person so he can be investigated or arrested. Faceless enemy. So is it right to accuse a nation based on a few intrusion activities, with no mean to confirm the actual persons who did it?

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
This article isn't about chinese hackers but the intentions of the american government to turn public opinion against China. That's an initial move towards fascism.

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
However cybersecurity experts believe that the U.S. government does not conduct similar hacks, and it doesn't steal from the Chinese.
We have no technology to steal from the Chinese. That is the difference. I'm sure if the Chinese could conceive of any technology of value themselves, we'd be all over it.

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
@K2N hater:
If you have any facts to back that up, I'm listening. To be absolutely clear, I have nothing against the people in China. My only area of concern is with certain parts of their government.

The US government doesn't control the media. The media has been known to extend a courtesy to the government and withhold sensitive information such as in times of war. But the truth always finds a way to come out at some point. So in this situation, either the government is manufacturing information that the NYT, the WSJ, and many other companies were hacked, and gaining complicity from thousands of people from those companies as well as within the government not to refute those statements, or those companies actually were hacked. The way things work in this country, evidence supporting information about a conspiracy such as what you suggest and of that magnitude and severity would be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars from another media corporation. It would be all over the mainstream internet. Other countries would be talking about it in their broadcast TV news programs. But none of that is happening, so your theory just doesn't seem that likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.