U.S. Will See Electric Minis In 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilshuriken

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
I like those little cars, though it's never been enough to get me to seriously consider buying one. These new models might be what finally changes my mind... still gotta think about it though :)

spaztic7

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2007
I did a search and could not find the asking price for a new one. I would be willing to pay up to.... 25-30 grand.

I have a feeling they will be very expensive at first.

Other than that, I really want one. I want to replace my WRX and I think a hybrid MINI that gets 80mpg... well, that speaks for itself. Oh, and the car is also rated at 0-60mph in ~4.5 seconds!!!

spaztic7

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2007
I did a search and could not find the asking price for a new one. I would be willing to pay up to.... 25-30 grand.

I have a feeling they will be very expensive at first.

Other than that, I really want one. I want to replace my WRX and I think a hybrid MINI that gets 80mpg... well, that speaks for itself. Oh, and the car is also rated at 0-60mph in ~4.5 seconds!!!

I do belive a turbo diesel mini is in the works as well. It would be the Mini Cooper D.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
i saw anotehr new article about dodge an Chevy releasing some , all electric cars , both models look a lot more appealing than minis do , however they get slightly less battery life (liek 30 miles a cahrge i belve while some minis get 40 last i read up on them). the dodge and cehvy ones are both going to possibly start at aprice of 30k to 35 k

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
A friend of mine here at work got one last year.. Its the base model, but is still fast and fun as hell to drive. I would have got a used one when I bought a new ride last year, but even the used ones were out of my price range.

G

MINI is no longer a British company (and no longer Mini). They are owned by BMW.

Status
Not open for further replies.