Ubisoft Champions the PS Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
i believe vita will be a success soon. Though game releases have been slow, alot of the games being made now are really good games. Compared to the 3ds where most of the good games to come out have been 3d remakes, the vita has more potential than the 3ds. though I believe that phones will soon be stronger than the vita, I also believe common people will finally notice that buttons>>>>>>>touchscreens for good gaming.

havent been this interested in getting a handheld ever since the gameboy advance sp came out.

Steelwing

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
I was just imagining Ubisoft's games on a handheld system.

"You must stay within wifi range and maintain a connection to the internet at all times or your game will stop working. We don't care if it's a portable system. Everyone is a potential pirate and we have to constantly check to make sure you aren't pirated, so you'd better stay next to your wifi access point."

Of course, they probably wouldn't really do this (but then again, this IS Ubisoft), but I won't support a company that uses such horrible DRM at all.

gigantor21

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
The key term for me, though, is "price cut"--both for the memory and the console itself--and Sony has shown zero appetite for that in a broad sense. Sure, there are a few specials here and there, but overall they expect you to put down $300+ for the bare basics (system + memory + game) unless you go on E-Bay.

AC and COD could be a great boon, but I don't play either. It'll be a while before I can jump on board with this.

codefuapprentice

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
I don't actually have any issue with the PS Vita itself, i've been on the fence about sony's handheld line since the PSP came out due to a lot of the library appearing to be ports from their consoles. I got a 3DS a few months ago and i can't fault it. (considering it's a lot less powerful than the vita)
I would like a Vita but like always it's got to have some games i really want to play

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
I've always been a lot slower to adopt handhelds than consoles simply because I've found the control scheme of handhelds annoying compared to a full system. The Vita solves a lot of that with the second analog stick, but in one fell swoop it also adds in that weird little touch-function that is not appealing at all. And, the biggest problem of all is the lack of interesting games. The specs justify the price for the most part, but there's gotta be more consistent software support. The 3DS probably could have gotten by without the price-cut if the system was met with more consistent, strong, software support from its launch onwards.

hfitch

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
The one thing about Sony is they learn from their mistakes slowly. Then they make new mistakes forgetting about the ones they did just right before. They still haven't got over this idea that they got to make things propitiatory. First it was UMD, Sony Memory Sticks, and now there the new memory cards. Sony the only thing that you finally won at which isn't propitiatory is Blue ray. When ever you do propitiatory you seem not to win or its a finical burden. UMD's didn't work, your memory sticks didn't work, and even your version of high def music didn't work. Your games are great but I think you will go the way of Sega. Just make software because your hardware is starting to show its true colors sucking.

bluestar2k11

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
I got a Vita not long after launch, at first I felt happy, I had to sell my psp system last year, so the Vita was a welcome replacement, if not a costly one. As I spent a lot of game savings on the system itself I've lacked the money for software, so that was the bottom of the hill, but as that changes, games are released that are interesting, like Gravity Rush, and the soon to hopefully be released PSone store, I'm feeling better about my purchase.

Basically I bought it to play Psone, PSP, and vita games on the go, anything else is a plus, like skype, Netflix, and mp3-4 support. (Soon to be youtube I hope.) I'm still slightly saddened it may not be able to play all PSP games (nor are they on the PSN). Only thing left is PSone classics I want and actual Vita titles.

It has value in buying, we just have to see if it has the talents for the coming years.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
"Nintendo’s 3DS suffered from the same growing pains that the Vita did"

wrong, it never sold that badly, not any where near the level of failure as the PS Vita.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]slabbo[/nom]"Nintendo’s 3DS suffered from the same growing pains that the Vita did"wrong, it never sold that badly, not any where near the level of failure as the PS Vita.[/citation]
vita sales have failed at the beginning in Japan, but since release in USA its had farely steady and rising sales. and as a matter of fact 3ds DID sell as badly as vita did in japan, hence the enormous price drop it recieved shortly after launch.

And by that quoted statement, author meant that since vita sales started rising, 3ds sales have been slowing down.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
If it has the processing power of the PS3, then it should be able to play PS3 games...
Also, if it had an hdmi out, I would have definitely bought it by now. IMO, any portable gaming device should have an HDMI out and should support 1080p minimum. Don't really care about having touch on the backside, thats kind of just a gimmick IMO. Should have had a bigger screen, and 3D screen would have been cool. The best thing about it in my opinion are the controls. Hate gaming on touch screen, as it is imprecise and who can play a game when your fingers are blocking the screen? Still might buy a vita, i'm just waiting for the right game to come out to see what it can really do. But the lack of HDMI really put me off as a customer.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Another thing, if a portable gaming system comes out that is as powerful, and similar in design to the Vita, but has an HDMI out instead, I will definitely buy that instead. Just saying.

G

@Upgrade_1977 It does NOT have the processing power of a PS3. PSVita has 28.8 Gflops of graphics power verse 400.4 Gflops of graphics Processing power of the PS3. (SGX543 verse RSX 'Reality Synthesizer') The main processing cores are worlds apart as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.