Ubisoft Going Greener by Ditching Game Manuals

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I hate in game tutorials (except for complex games like RTS), especially when they're mandatory to play the game. I can't remember ever buying a game that I didn't at least read 1/3 of the manual (outside of FPS). Although I have bought some games through Steam and I haven't really missed the manual, but its nice to have.

toorudez

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2002
People actually still read the manuals in the newer games? They're all the same anyways. Gone are the days of manuals that actually provide information about the game you're about to play. I don't think I've actually read a manual in at least ten years. Right trigger is usually the fire button; I don't need a 10 page manual to explain that to me..

thepontiff

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
I read my manuals on the camode all the time. If they don't reduce the cost of the games then between this and the DRM bs I'm done with them.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
I have ubisoft new xbox 360 box and its fail >8(. I paying the same price 59.99 for a cheap garbage made box and no manual drop the price 5-10bucks and we can talk

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]sironomus[/nom]and by "greener" they mean they get to keep the extra green[/citation]

my thoguhts exactly , oh sure it helps save paper , but rally this is jsut a BS excuse to cut thier cost while not really cuttign any on teh consumer end , aka they get more moeny for less work , screw ubi soft

beachbod

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
I like being able to physically hold what I buy but if its better for the environment then its not that big a deal. The manuals probably only cost 10 cents to make so I dont think their doing it for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.