Ulltrabook gaming laptop

robomanlamb

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Hello everyone, I am here to ask you for your opinion on the best gaming laptop available. For under $1000, of course, because that is all my budget can handle.

I was looking for a laptop, one that is somewhat, thin, light, and can handle some of the best games available. I myself have a gaming rig, running a overclocked 3770k, 2x 7970s and 16gigs of ram. No I don't expect performance near the performance I get on my desktop, but I would like to be able to play the same games with similar Resolution.

Now for specs, I am thinking an i5 or i7, 6+ gigs of ram and a 750m equivalent or higher. I also would like a 1080p screen, backlit keyboard, a nice build quality, such as metal, poly carbonite or something, I just want it to look nice. Thanks in advance everyone.

ComputerCurious21

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
The MSI GE70 2OE-017US Is the closest your gonna get to a 1000$ ultrabook, There are not many ultrabooks at the performance you are trying to get for the budget. This ultrabook comes with the i7 like u wanted with a 17.3" 1920x1080 screen - plus it has a GeForce GTX 765M great for gaming. But like a i said there are not too many ultrabooks for the budget that can do hardcore gaming like what your asking for. Hopefully this answers your question

G

I was in the same spot, I wanted an ultrabook oriented "gaming" laptop, w/ 1080p, dedicated graphics, under $1k.. etc.
I ultimately decided to go for the Lenovo U530 Touch (this model is currently on sale for $949): http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/u-series/u530-touch/?sb=:000001C9:0000FD6B:

I'm getting the best buy model which basically has the same specs, but I was able to get $50 off the price because I'm a college student. I'm going in to buy it on monday (once my bank removes my hold; previously ordered a samsung ativ series 6 but cancelled via amazon because of trackpad issues).