Ultrabook 650$ usd

Brtk

Estimable
May 30, 2015
Hello,

Sorry for my english, but I need advice about purchase small and light notebook.
Laptop should have 12-14 inch screen. Need device for manage my online store and evening playing games.
- Old games (Gothics, Morrowind)
- Indie pixels (roguelikes)
- more modern (Skyrim)
I'm casual player and I don't need ultra details graphic. I can play the Skyrim in 768p and medium settings.

I looking for Ultrabooks with thunderbolt for eGPU for the future or dGPU but i have tiny budget 650$. What I found in my country:
1. Xiaomi Mi Air 12.5 (6y30, 4gb, 128gb ssd)
2. HP Envy 13 (i5 skylake U, 8gb, 256gb ssd)
3. XPS 12 with thunderbolt 3 but in reviews is nothing special.. tablet with keyboard. Don't like it.

Edit:
4. HP Pavilion 14 (i5 6200u, 940mx, 4gb)
5. Lenovo 500s 14 (i7 6500u, 940m, 8gb)

Any advice guys?
Regards!

Solution
Ultrabooks = Not very "Ultra" unless you are talking about the size. (smaller/thinner than typical laptops)
but...
smaller than typical = slower than typical .. Why? Cooling requires space for fans and heat sync(s).
But since they are slower they have a much higher price. Make sense? ... I didn't think so either.

Personally I wouldn't buy any laptop that has an Intel CPU that ends with a U. (For "Ultra" low power)

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
Ultrabooks = Not very "Ultra" unless you are talking about the size. (smaller/thinner than typical laptops)
but...
smaller than typical = slower than typical .. Why? Cooling requires space for fans and heat sync(s).
But since they are slower they have a much higher price. Make sense? ... I didn't think so either.

Personally I wouldn't buy any laptop that has an Intel CPU that ends with a U. (For "Ultra" low power)

Solution