Unable to use or uninstall Nvidia Geforce Experience (Windows 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etamu

Honorable
Feb 13, 2012
Evening Gents,

Having some problems with Nvidia Geforce Experience on my Windows 7 Desktop. Unable to utilize the program as i'm getting the "Cannot connect to Nvidia, try again later" message. I've already tried deleting the nvidia network services program and then re-starting it, no luck. When attempting to un-install it, I get "There was a problem starting C:/program Files/Nvidia corporation/installer2/installercore/NVI2.dll The specified module could not be found."

I seem to be at an impass, I can't use it, can't uninstall it, can't really do anything. Any suggestions here?

Etamu

Honorable
Feb 13, 2012

When you say manually deleting all the files, what are you referring to? I didn't want to delete any critical files and brick anything.

I actually went in to the Nvidia Corporation file and deleted the "Geforge Experience" Folder, nothing happened there.

Gingerbread

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
You can't delete critical files, its a 3rd party application. Also it most likely stores some additional files in user data or program data or something else. Just search for it and try to get rid of them or try uinstalling in safe mode.

theunliked

Estimable
Dec 3, 2014
You just download and install gpu drivers manually. True, you won't get the latest updates right away and its inconvenient to keep going to the website, but you don't need them. Old versions of drivers (2-3 months old) are alright. It won't affect the gaming performance. I always uncheck geforce experience, 3d vision and audio driver when I install it. You should uninstall geforce experience from control panel. That way it also removes the registry files and files in your system directory.

Etamu

Honorable
Feb 13, 2012

Went ahead and tried to uninstall in safe mode, same error. I'll try and search for all the files, would I be trying to delete ALL Nvidia files, or just anything related to Geforce Experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.