"Uncored Processor" And Overheating CPU/GPU - Weird Problem After Asus Repair!

officerofthewatch

Estimable
Nov 18, 2015
Hello My Dear Colleagues. I Hope You will help me.

After crashed laptop I changed my old N61Vn motherboard to Asus N61Ja. N61Ja motherboard fits 90% to old N61Vn body, so a little body "circumcision" was unavoidable. Body, DDR3, screen and cooler are still from N61Vn. In official asus homepage written that N61Ja supports Intel® Core™ i3 330M/350M Processor. So I inserted i3-350 with new heatsink and IC value v1 thermal compund. BIOS works fine, but...... instead i3-350 written "Uncored Processor". There is no name. What it means? Not supporting?

But the biggest problem is overheating of CPU and GPU even without OS. After 30-40 seconds of turning on temperature rises approximately to 110C and more. What's your advice? Maybe something has been done with i3-350 processor or motherboard? Maybe new processor and motherboard should be reconciled?

You issue all goes back to using a different motherboard, without getting the right part with the right BIOS for the system anything you do will be invalid as a test really, since you can't be sure if an issue is with the component or with the motherboard.

For overheating, very likely you just installed the heatsink wrong, or the motherboard can't read the temperature off the CPU.